GSFA Platinum® Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
Offers up to 5% as a second loan to help finance the down payment and closing costs on the purchase of a home.
The GSFA Platinum® is a down payment assistance program to help low-to-moderate income individuals and families purchase a home. Best of all, it does not require repayment as long as the home is not sold or refinanced in the first three years!
- Program can be used for down payment and/or closing costs
- FHA, VA, or Conventional first loan: Platinum loan does not require repayment, as long as you keep the first loan in place for at least three years
- USDA first loan: Platinum will be a non-repayable gift that never requires repayment
- Maximum assistance amount:
- Conventional - Up to 5%1
- FHA - Up to 4%1
- VA - Up to 4%1
- USDA - Up to 4%2
- Can be combined with a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC)
- Owner-occupied residences only
- Maximum loan amount is the lesser of $453,100 (not including MIP) or maximum loan amounts permitted by HUD
- Borrower's qualifying income cannot exceed the program's income limits for the county in which the property is located
- Eligible for single family residences, PUDS, and agency approved condos3
- Not eligible with the FHA Limited 203(k) and Standard 203(k) renovation loan programs
Program made available through Golden State Finance Authority. 1Maximum assistance amount dependent on borrower’s FICO credit score and/or interest rate chosen. 2Gift amount based on the first mortgage loan amount. 3Restrictions apply. Contact us for details. Program guideline information may change without notice. Please contact us for the latest program guidelines.