USDA Rural Home Loan
If you are looking to purchase a home in a rural area, a USDA home loan can be a great option to consider.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Guaranteed
Rural Housing (GRH) offers a 100% financing home loan program. Best of all, you do not need to be a first-time homebuyer.
There are specific requirements for this loan program, both for the borrower and
for the location of the property. Borrower must meet income-eligibility requirements and must occupy the home as their primary residence.
USDA Guaranteed Rural Housing loan program:
- No first-time homebuyer requirements
- Eligible in most rural, non-metropolitan areas1
- 101.0% loan-to-value (LTV) financing (100% financing plus 1.0% up-front Guarantee Fee included)
- Annual fee of 0.35% of the unpaid principal balance will be included in monthly payment
- Owner-occupied residences only
- Fixed-rate loan
- No reserve requirement
- Income limitations apply
- Seller contribution - up to 6% towards buyer's closing costs
- 100% gift funds for closing costs allowed from family member
- Available for purchase, streamline refinances, and rate/term refinances
- For borrowers purchasing a home in California, up to 4% in closing cost assistance may be available as a non-repayable gift through the Platinum program2 (Ask us for details.)
One of our mortgage loan originators can help you determine whether your income and location qualify
you for this program. Contact us
today for eligibility.
1Restrictions apply. USDA loan program is not available in all areas. 2Gift amount based on the first mortgage loan amount. Program guideline information may change without notice. Please contact us for the latest program guidelines.